Sunday, November 19, 2006

Zweble

This blog is starting as a test of the new beta blogger version. Just as a way to be sure that my account will be able to publish to this new site. However, since I am here I may try to use this space for some of my theoretical insights in life and humanity (no they are, I think, not the same).

Why 'Zweble'? Well the curt answer is why not, but that is just the quick-witted New Yorker response in me. Actually zweble is a name I came up with to describe some network equipment (just as an arbitrary moniker for distinguishing devices) and it popped into my head when I was presented with the screen to create my blog. Also, along this line of thought is that previously I used Chinese characters in my other blog and this time I created the current blog in a virtual machine where I do not currently have the input language configured to allow me to input Chinese so I am working with what I have available.

Having given the need for a second blog about a millisecond in terms of reflection I realized that I may actually want to keep this blog active and put together some of my more unusual thoughts. It does occur to me (I am not sure about everyone else but it would be surprising to me if it did not) that blogs may easily meta morph into books. In fact one is already publishing with a blog without the Editors (unless we count the blogs public comment space which may lead one to self edit).

The perceptions that I will store on zweble are thoughts and insights which I have had in the past and hopefully any future ideas regarding the human condition. It seems that once given free reign the mind may take this blog a bit further than I initially anticipated. For instance, imagine writing down the oddest thoughts that one may have about oneself and life in general.

Why create a site like this - one that poses the ultimate questions about humanity?
  • It seems to be a rare opportunity to take introspection to the extreme.
  • It appears to be fulfilling my need to vent many of the unspoken feelings that accumulate daily in ones' life.
  • It helps postulate the theory of everything.
  • It answers the call for the 'Watcher', the 'Observer' or the 'Reporter' in each of us (or is this just me?)
  • This site may give voice to every crazy idea and hair brained scheme I can dream up.

This is my second blog ever (here is the first) and it seems that the initial experience has given me the confidence to simply write. Therefore, this is my new beginning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
you know that "zweble" in swiss-german means onion? :D

Welcome to Zweble

Contained within this site are what will seem to the reader to be a series of short stories. Such a description would be dead wrong. For the most part these are my travels into the dream scape where some believe that we exist in other realities (our spiritual presence seemingly cannot be argued since we awaken with a vision of the environment).

Many of us have constant, deep and richly filled dreams. The sad thing is that most of these experiences go undocumented. This blog attempts to close the loophole of lost dreams.

In addition to dreams we sometimes explore the fantastic and improbable stark reality of our waking world. Topics appear on this blog that only our imaginations can dream up. If you would like to be able to post your dreams, please send an email to tcarternyc(at)hotmail(dot)com.

(t)(j)