Friday, February 2, 2007

Finding one's voice everyday

On stage I sang with an vocal group of about 7 members. We were practicing a series of rehearsals. We began with trying some harmonious sounds like "ahhhh...wooo... ah.ha.ahh"... Next we continued to try to work with our ebb and flow so we began to add movement in order to see what harmonies we would produce.

Giving each other encouragement we started to get looser. We began to extrapolate as we each sought our own voice. After a steady beat of "ahhhh...ahhhh...ah.. ahh.. ah.." one performer began singing "whyyyy....why... why... why...". We kept moving to encourage new harmonies.

Another singer added some ad hoc "I just don't know why.. you know we got to gooo.. but please somebody... please... tell me why..". This touched me and I harmonized back singing "I'll tell you whyyyyy!... because we got to know...there ain't no other way... for me to say... we all must travel some day... I-I-I really think we gotta tryyyy.. Cause life's too short... We have to tryyy...Someday down that line ... we meet again and I've got to say that's whyyy... whyy...we gotta hold on tight ... to someone we love tonight... that's why..."

In this world I felt that fame and renown were coming towards me. I wanted to stay asleep in that special place and, dream again. Here I found that I had a voice of my own.

No comments:

Welcome to Zweble

Contained within this site are what will seem to the reader to be a series of short stories. Such a description would be dead wrong. For the most part these are my travels into the dream scape where some believe that we exist in other realities (our spiritual presence seemingly cannot be argued since we awaken with a vision of the environment).

Many of us have constant, deep and richly filled dreams. The sad thing is that most of these experiences go undocumented. This blog attempts to close the loophole of lost dreams.

In addition to dreams we sometimes explore the fantastic and improbable stark reality of our waking world. Topics appear on this blog that only our imaginations can dream up. If you would like to be able to post your dreams, please send an email to tcarternyc(at)hotmail(dot)com.

(t)(j)