Thursday, February 1, 2007

The sleeper

We were in a theatre. My wife and I - we were watching a show. The native was performing how to make fire. He was a blue painted person. There were lots of designs over his skin. The performer could move, twist and jiggle his fat belly in a surprising number of ways.

I was annoyed when the audience began their catcalls of "sit-down" and "go do your homework" as I moved in closer to see the critical moment of this creation called Fire. I tried to be less imposing. Strange that I didn't bother to push back -- I thought to myself "why so meek today?".

My wife jumped right up and started to say something as our pizza's were delivered. "If they had to pay for this they would be more polite". Someone asked "who said that?", meaning another retort thrown out from the crowd. In surprise, I heard my wife say "it was that guy, and that guy and that one over there". In shock it dawned on me that the sleeper had awakened.

No comments:

Welcome to Zweble

Contained within this site are what will seem to the reader to be a series of short stories. Such a description would be dead wrong. For the most part these are my travels into the dream scape where some believe that we exist in other realities (our spiritual presence seemingly cannot be argued since we awaken with a vision of the environment).

Many of us have constant, deep and richly filled dreams. The sad thing is that most of these experiences go undocumented. This blog attempts to close the loophole of lost dreams.

In addition to dreams we sometimes explore the fantastic and improbable stark reality of our waking world. Topics appear on this blog that only our imaginations can dream up. If you would like to be able to post your dreams, please send an email to tcarternyc(at)hotmail(dot)com.

(t)(j)